Catching Up With Our Customers: Hilcon
This month, we are catching up with the team over at Hilcon, based out of Mooresville, North Carolina. Hilcon was established in North Carolina by brothers Brent and Eric Hildreth in 2019. They grew up in the construction industry and primarily focus on commercial projects. To learn more about them, read below.
“Catching up with our Customers” Q&A
- Tell us about Hilcon, its history as a company, and the main services offered.
- We are a turn-key concrete sub-contractor and primarily focus on commercial projects. Our scope of work includes a variety of specialties including concrete walls, slabs on grade, decorative stamp work, and sidewalks.
- How did you get into this business?
- We grew up in the construction industry and have been around it our whole lives. After working with much larger firms, we decided in 2018 to take our experience and skill sets on our own and offer a different approach to smaller commercial projects. After roughly a year of planning, we made the leap in early 2019 and have not looked back.
- What projects are you most excited about right now and why?
- It’s difficult to say which project we are most excited about right now. They are all unique in their own ways and all present their own set of opportunities. We currently have several multifamily projects underway as well as a park in Mooresville that has some interesting bridges and decorative walls. We are also working on a Fire Department in Denver where we are trying to complete the exterior paving before the cold weather hits.
- What areas does your company mainly serve?
- Hilcon mainly focuses on projects in Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas.
- How about: How is Hilcon Different Than Your Competition?
- Since we began, our goal has been to bring our experience and knowledge from the larger projects and firms that we worked for and apply it to smaller-scale projects. We have a hands-on approach to project management and strive to build long-term relationships with our clients.
- Do you have any predictions for the construction industry for the rest of 2022 and going into 2023 that you want to share?
- The only prediction we have is to be prepared to go with the flow! We try to look ahead and make our best educated guess as to what the market is going to do and position ourselves the best we can.
- What do you buy the most from NSCS? Any branch and NSCS associate you work with the most?
- We mostly buy concrete and rebar accessories from NSCS, we work with Jason Kenney and he has been a great asset to us. Relationships go a long way in this industry and we can honestly say Jason is great at his job and works really hard to take care of us. Let’s just say he’s a better sales rep than he is a golfer! And he’s a pretty good golfer!
- What should others know about NSCS that they may not know?
- I think others should be aware that NSCS will go above and beyond what most people expect. If they don’t stock or sell what you are looking for, we are willing to bet your sales rep will track it down or help you find what you need.